Every year more than 16,000 educators and admins join their personal learning network for one of the largest educational technology conferences in the world. People come to ISTE from across the nation for its convention rooms filled to the brim with swag, break-out sessions, and ISTE buddies. As usual, GoGuardian will be there, and we are so excited to share with you what is going on in our booth this year! To begin the ISTE countdown, we’re having a countdown of our own: what are people are most excited for on the ISTE floor and in Philadelphia?At ISTE:
1. Sessions: They’re one of the most beloved parts of ISTE, and people are always looking forward to learning new things to bring back to their school district. This year, attendees are excited for these sessions:
- BYOD - The benefits of using personal devices in and out of the classroom
- Artificial Intelligence - AI and Machine Learning projects for the K12 classroom
- Digital Equity - Strategies for achieving digital equity in teacher education and professional development
- Blair Mishleau’s Sessions - Culturally Relevant Teaching and EdTech for driving student achievement; Effective EdTech Partnerships panel
- Rushton Hurley’s Sessions - Creative activities with Chromebooks, academically meaningful video projects, and more
2. GoGuardian’s Ultimate 80s Spazmatics party: It’s time to party like it’s 1989 with your hosts, Classlink and GoGuardian! New wave cover band, The Spazmatics, will bring down the Field House at our happy hour. It’s a free show that’s entertaining and conveniently located near the convention center, so you don’t want to miss it. Travel back in time before you close out your ISTE journey and RSVP before tickets are gone. It’s gonna be a rad night!
3. The Google Booth: Every year, Google for Education goes ALL OUT with their booth. They always have a highly anticipated set-up, with all of the GSFE needs at your fingertips—plus, cool swag. One year they even gave away Google Cardboard! Make sure you check out booth #2200.
4. Your Personal Learning Network (PLN): One of the best parts of ISTE is meeting up with old friends, making new ones, networking, and eventually adding those people to your PLN! Who are you excited to meet up with this year? Tag them in the comments!
5. The GoGuardian Giving Tree: Show us your heart, and make a big impact this year at Booth #1752! Come fold a small origami heart, and pin it on the #GGGivingTree. For each one pinned, we will donate $10 to Coded By Kids.
6. The CDW Booth: CDW is a leader in tech solutions for the education industry, which means you’ll want to stop by and see what they have to offer. They’ll be at Booth #2722 on the ISTE floor and in their Modern Learning Environment in Room 104AB.
7. Keynotes: The featured speakers are always big names and a big hit at ISTE. Don’t miss author Kasey Bell, Pixar’s Danielle Feinberg, and ISTE CEO, Richard Culatta. Use this handy program search to find which ones you’d like to attend!
8. Cheesesteaks: You cannot, and I mean cannot, visit Philadelphia without grabbing a cheesesteak. Check out Jay’s Steak & Hoagie Joint, the winner of this year’s Cheesesteak throwdown! You can even find plant-based “cheesesteaks” if meat and cheese aren’t your thing.
9. Rocky: Another must-see attraction, and the quintessential Philadelphia snapshot, are the Rocky steps and the Rocky statue. Make a quick pit stop and grab a once-in-a-lifetime photo.
10. Liberty Bell: Make sure you stop by the Independence National Historical Park to see the Liberty Bell, a staple in our nation’s history.
What are you most excited about this year at ISTE? Please share in the comments!