Force-installing apps and extensions to Users within your Organization is important for a few reasons, the largest one being that students will not be able to remove these Apps & Extensions from their device. There are two different ways to Force-Install your apps, please click here for the first part.
- Login to your Admin console at admin.google.com
- Within the Admin console, click on “Device management”
- Within Device management, click the “Chrome management” link
- Scroll down and click on “App Management”
- Pick the app or extension you’d like to Force-install by managing the filters on the left-hand side, or, searching for a specific app or extension.
- Click directly on the name of the App or Extension you’d like to Force-install, or hover over the icon to select multiple Apps and Extensions.
- Select which kind of settings you’d like to configure. Please note, User Settings relates to users who sign into your domain, public session relates to users who sign into a public session on your device and kiosk settings (only available when the app is kiosk-enabled) will force-install as a kiosk app.
- After selecting your settings (this example shows User settings) select the organization, or sub organizational unit you’d like to force-install the app or extension for.
- Click on the Force installation button to slide it from off position to on position, and press save. Please note that the “Override” link refers to if you’ve selected a sub organization in which the parent organization did not have the same settings. Pressing this while over ride the parent settings for only that sub organization.